Monday, July 19, 2010

Landing with my feet in high heels with my voice over a loudspeaker

Last night at In Other Words bookstore, I had my first ever performance! I shared the stage with Tash Shatz (who's work you can find here) and BROWNSTAR. Really an incredible night of poetry last night in PDX! It was such an honor to have performed for the first time with such talented people. All of my compulsive editing and rehearsing paid off, because I was really well received! And I totally got bit by the performance bug. Thank you so much to my friends and my close people for supporting me, by either showing up or helping me with my pre-performance anxiety.

XOXO.

P.S. I'm still totally buzzing.

1 comment:

  1. I was there and you were incredible! Gave me chills and had me spellbound. *high fives* Next time you perform lemme know, you got a fan here. I'm working up to performing my poetry myself and I hope my eventual debut is as impressive as yours.

    ReplyDelete